GlucoVantage® is the first available form of DiHydroberberine (DHB), a derivative of Berberine, which has been shown to be effective at optimizing blood glucose, improving insulin sensitivity and body composition (less body fat). DHB has recently been shown to have 5X the absorption of Berberine. It improves Insulin Sensitivity via AMPK activation, provides anti-aging support through reducing glycation, and acts a Nutrient Partitioner, providing your muscles with the energy they need from the food you consume!
Gymnema Sylvestre Extract is powerful tool in helping to lose weight reduce blood sugar levels. Gymnemic Acid blocks the sugar receptors on your tastebuds, which makes eating sweets less appealing. Overall this reduces cravings for sugar-based items. It also helps with weight loss, in a study of 60 moderately obese participants showed an average reduction in body weight of 5-6%, oweing mostly to a natural decrease in food intake. Gymnema can also reduces sugar absorption in your intestines, reducing blood sugar levels after a meal (perfect for cheat meal Damage Control!) In addition, a study in moderately-obese people showed that Gymnema extract decreased triglycerides and bad “LDL” cholesterol by 20.2% and 19%, respectively. What’s more, it increased “good” HDL cholesterol levels by 22%. High levels of “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides are risk factors for heart disease. Therefore, the positive effects of Gymnema Sylvestre on LDL and triglycerides levels may contribute to a lower risk of heart conditions!
MitoBurn® (L-BAIBA) is an amino acid by-product of the branched-chain amino acid L-valine. BAIBA is one of the myokines, affectionately known as “exercise factors”, which play a powerful role behind the benefits of regular exercise—increased glucose uptake, increased free fatty acid oxidation, and reduced fat mass. BAIBA also instigates the “browning” of white adipose tissue, which increases energy expenditure, improves insulin sensitivity and helps regulate weight management. L-Baiba increases UCP-1 in White Adipose Tissue, and fatty acid oxidation, both of which contribute to the browning of the white adipose tissue, and can increase body fat loss by up to 40%! MitoBurn also increases natural plasma ketone production, so for those interested in a Ketogenic lifestyle, C.U.T.S. will enhance your diet and ability to produce natural Ketones!
Cinnamon Extract is a powerful anti-oxidant, which helps to regulate blood sugar, soothe irritable stomachs and digestive tracts, minimize gas and bloating, and also increase caloric expenditure without an increase in activity!
ChromeMate® is an oxygen-coordinated niacin-bound chromium complex containing 10% elemental chromium that significantly increases the bioavailability, biological activity and efficacy of chromium. It is absorbed and retained more than 300% greater than chromium picolinate. It is 18-times more potent than other niacin-bound chromium complexes tested. It is Clinically shown to maintain normal blood sugar levels, cholesterol levels and a healthy body weight. ChromeMate® promotes lean body mass and reduces body fat by promoting protein synthesis and normal fat metabolism. It affects the specific genes involved in fat tissue development and survival. Finally, it improves energy production and long-term energy output by promoting healthy blood sugar levels and normal carbohydrate metabolism.
- Abbud W et al., Arch Biochem Biophys. 2000 Aug 15;380(2):347-52.
- Yin J et al., Metabolism. 2008 May; 57(5): 712–717.
- Turner N., Li J. Y., Gosby A., et al. Diabetes, 2008, 57(5):1414-1418.
- Feng R., Shou J. W., et al. Scientific Reports, 5:12155.
- Dai B., Ma Y., Wang W., et al. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2017.
- Lowery R et al., USPTO, 2017 October; WO2017184789A1.
- Chen J., Cao J., Fang L., et al. Journal of Translational Medicine, 2014, 12(1):326.
- Mohammad M., Al-Masri I. M., Issa A., et al. Medicinal Chemistry Research, 2013, 22(5):2273-2278.
- Buchanan B et al., PLOS One 2018 March, 13(3): e0194979.
J Clin Biochem Nutr. 2007 Sep;41(2):77-81. doi: 10.3164/jcbn.2007010.
Curr Pharm Des. 2017;23(11):1667-1676. doi: 10.2174/1381612823666161108162048.
The New England Journal of Medicine — September 30, 1993 — Vol. 329, No. 14-DCCT research group, Diabetes 95;44:969-983;
Diabetes Obes Metab. 2004 May;6(3):171-80.
-  Roberts L. D., Boström P., et al. Cell Metabolism, 2014, 19(1):96-108.  Begriche K., Massart J., Journal of Obesity, 2008, 16, 2053-2067.  Maisonneuve C., el at., Antiviral Therapy, 2004, 9(5):801.  Note R., Maisonneuve C., et al., Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, 2003, 47(11):3384-3392.  Jung T. W., el at., Diabetologia, 2015, 58(9):2096-2105.